Last Evening

Last evening would've been one of the same old evenings for me. You know when I reach home after work, loiter around for sometime, play with my dog, then change and exercise for a while, shower and then do something until I have dinner and finally hit the sack. Occasionally I manage to squeeze a movie in between. So last evening I decided to watch this oddly titled movie called Elizabethtown

What had prompted me to order this movie from Seventymm was the cast - Orlando Bloom, Susann Sarandon, Kirsten Dunst to name a few of them, and directed by acclaimed filmmaker Cameron Crowe (of ''Fast Times at Richmond High', Jerry Maguire', 'Almost Famous', 'Vanilla Sky' fame) . I put on the DVD more to pass my time than anything else even as I thought how come I hadn't heard of this movie for this was released almost 6 years ago.

Since this isn't a film review, I will not tell you what the movie is all about - you can read more about all that in the film's official website here. What I will tell you is that I thoroughly enjoyed this light-hearted, family oriented romantic comedy. It was heartfelt, enjoyable and with an awe-freakin-some list of songs to go with it. I think what I also really liked about this film was the bit about the road trip since I love roads myself.

In a nutshell, if you can lay your hands on this DVD - then I'd say watch it. And if you can, watch it with your girl/guy. I think both of you will like it (if you have even a single romantic bone in your body!).

Check out one of the songs from this film - it's by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers and is called "Learning To Fly". 

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Great movie Rahul; loved it, and loved the soundtracks, so much so that I downloaded 28 songs available on the net from the movie! And they are all really good songs, I suggest you listen to them too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard all the songs bro :) That is why I wrote this post. Glad you enjoyed the movie and the songs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Liked it, loved it, loathed it... Would be great if you let me know!

Popular Posts