Hyderabad Tales

Just got back from a two day trip to Hyderabad. It had been three years since my last visit to the city, and man, did it feel different this time.

First, the roads. After Bangalore, the roads in Hyderabad look about triple the size. Broad, wide - roads that Bangalore can only dream of, especially those that are in the heart of the city. Next, the traffic. Bangalore traffic seems like a lazy stroll when you consider Hyderabad's road conditions. And I speak from experience because I drive almost everyday in the (what looks to me) "horrible" Bangalore rush hour traffic, but when in Hyderabad, the traffic there literally made me jumpy (if you know what I mean!). Man, is it rough on those roads! I always used to maintain that if you can drive in India, you can drive anywhere in the world. I would publicly like to change that to:
If you can drive in Hyderabad, you can drive anywhere in the world

Next, the food. I've stayed in Hyderabad for a year before and food in Hyderabad was the best part of the city. Especially for a hardcore non-vegetarian like me. And thankfully, that was still the best part of my visit to the city this time. Hyderabadi style biryani, the gosht, kebabs. Simply worth their salt!

Also, a small thing where Hyderabad scores over Bangalore is their MMTS (Multi-Modal Transport System). That is Hyderabad's local public train transport system. Although its reach is not great, it still serves and covers a good deal of the city. Bangalore, however, is furiously constructing its Namma Metro and hopefully, we will get to see more than the dummy box kept in M.G. Road. Soon.

Finally, the cherry on the cake: Hyderabad's Hussain Sagar Lake. And, the Necklace road. Pleasure to just take a stroll out there, or a fun-filled eat out at any of the eateries at Eat Street. Miss those days.

However, having said all this, it felt really tough to breathe in Hyderabad. The air was almost always too thick and instinctively, my hand would go to cover my nose. And that is where Bangalore beats Hyderabad hands down - the air, the weather.

Just beautiful. Just like home. Namma Bengaluru, after all.

(A few pictures taken during the Hyderabad trip are posted in my photo blog, right here. Do take a dekko at them.)

Comments

Popular Posts