Back in the day

I dunno why, but currently I've started getting nostalgic thinking about my childhood. At least that's what I gather by reading my last two posts (with this, it makes three). Anyways.

I was just going through some of the pictures my friends Alvin and Subodh have uploaded to their Facebook accounts. Both of them recently got swanky new Canon EOS 450D for themselves, and they've been snapping and posting really cool pics since.

I just went back to the times in school where all we had were those film cameras. I remember I had a Yashica camera (which was supposed to be quite good). We would take loads of pics when out for a tournament or something (loads in those days was usually one film roll, which was about 36 shots). On getting back to school after the tournament, I'd give the film roll for "wash" (basically, develop and print). It would take the photo shop about a week to deliver those prints - those who did it in an hour or a day would flash that information very proudly on the front window of their shop... "Photo in one hour".

Anyways, after the prints were delivered, we'd all be so excited and pore through each of the pics, taking hours to just go through 36 photographs, provided none of the "reel" was "exposed" :) Then, the "negative" sheet would be handed over to the other fellows, who'd in turn tick which photos they'd want, and they'd get only those printed. Made sense - why keep photos which you don't need anyway? :)

That was back in the day. At least 10 years ago. And now, it's such a different story.

Comments

  1. Good ole days.. I remember doing the same in school days.. those pictures were and still are so precious to me :). I remember being heartbroken when one of the negatives would get lost..

    Gone are those days..which wil never come back

    ReplyDelete
  2. aah the old times.. good one bro.. keep writing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :)
    I bet we'll be miserable parents, always complaining to our kids about the "good ol' days" lol.. hehe fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never really owned a camera (i still don't :P), but i do remember ticking the negatives i wanted developed for myself :). Now its just Copy-Paste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely ama.. things change, we move on :) That's life. Now, I don't we'd be ready to exchange our digital cameras that give photographs instantly for the film roll cameras. I most definitely wouldn't :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha given a choice i wouldnt also buy an ultra zoom cam ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i know wad u talking about....in skool our photo session day was july 15th, foundress day...and we'd take 100 photos n give the dayscholars the money and the responsibility to "wash" the film...bharat studio...lol. they must've made some real good money out of the convent chicks...nwy its always good 2 read something that one can relate to. good one rahul pradhan....

    ReplyDelete
  8. we live in a technically ADVANCED world now nati...but we miss our childhood that "was not so technically advanced"...logic...even with the kodak camera and 36 shots..life was more meaningful and beautiful then..now we are all but caught up in the "rat race" :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes Boju.. I totally understand it. But remember,
    "Somewhere in between... technology and necessity... lies the human heart"
    That, Boju, never changes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmm...and maybe technology is trying to bridge the hearts together..just a maybe...:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Liked it, loved it, loathed it... Would be great if you let me know!

Popular Posts