Waiting on the world to change

I am tired of the bomb blasts wreaking havoc on the innocent ones. Disrupting life as we know it, creating panic, scrutiny of close friends, fear of the unknown.

I am tired of the traffic jams piling up on the roads and trickling down to every corner of the city. Piling up more and more each day. As pedestrians decrease and the number of cars increase. With no pavements to walk on anyway.

I am tired of the politics at the national level. The mud-slinging, the name calling, the indefinite strikes, the increasing prices.

I am tired of watching ambulances howl in agony whilst standing in the thick of a thicker traffic jam. The almost dead dying inside it while all the anguished well-wishers can do is merely hold their hand and pray that they reach on time.

I am tired of having to read about killings all the time in the papers every morning as I open my eyes. Pictures of mothers bereft of their offsprings, be it man or animal.

I am tired of the prevalent lack of justice in the system today. Where policemen more often than not misuse their powers, and where the innocent ones are more often than not the victims.

I am waiting for the world to change - and doing every bit I can to quicken the process. Because I realized I had two choices - either keep waiting for the world to change, or to lend a helping hand. The choice is ours to make. For me and you. After all, it's one world we have - our world.

Comments

  1. touched, felt and very well written

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rahul,

    I think you will find yourself in the movie "A Wednesday".

    Yes, we are living in this world, sitting on a very thin ice, everywhere...whether its job, life or relationship!

    A world we want to change. But, does the change begin with ourselves and what change do we want to bring- is really a question!

    Thanks,
    Sachin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mothers giving birth to a little son
    crying in the rain of falling bombs
    Father he is young but deep and wise
    You see the fighter inside his eyes

    Hold me cover my sight
    This is no paradise
    Dont show me
    the evil sides of the world


    How many hours and how many days
    love is just slipping away
    How many seasons and how many years
    in tears
    How many centuries and how many lives
    in fear

    People selling flowers like nothings going on
    turning their backs on a world gone wrong
    Children play around I guess they found some wheels
    You see them running down the naked fields
    Hold me cover my sight
    This is no paradise
    Dont show me
    the evil sides of the world

    MLTR

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Liked it, loved it, loathed it... Would be great if you let me know!

Popular Posts