What will I be?

Yesterday, I was watching the 4th ODI between India and South Africa. Needless to say, India were in a really bad shape (they were batting, and two wickets were already down). Mohd. Kaif was batting when I happened to notice a black band around his arm. Even Sehwag, his batting partner, had the same thing on. I asked my friends what it signified. I was told that some eminent cricketing personality had passed away, hence it was a sign of respect for the poor fellow..
I then remarked that such an eminent personality he was in his lifetime, did so much for Indian cricket, and all he got at the end of his life was a black band! Harish, my friend, then said that at least he got that -we won't even get that much! This remark made me think, "That's true!". I mean, I am nothing special... Have not done anything so great so far. It's just been a normal and a pretty ordinary path I've taken till now, to be where I am today. But, at the end of my life, besides my friends and family, will I be mourned by others as well? Do I have that in me to make something out of my life? Do I want it bad enough to make it happen for me? At the end of my life, I asked myself, what will I be?

Comments

  1. nice one dude.. hoping to read much much more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good thoughts. The way you are thinking will really take you there, where you deserve to be.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Liked it, loved it, loathed it... Would be great if you let me know!

Popular Posts