One of you

Every morning as I make my way to the office, there are sights and there are sounds that I come across... Well, actually the sights and sounds are there every time of the day and everywhere too, it's just that I happen to notice them better in the mornings (something like the senses being more active during the morning hours or something ... ). The beggars, the litter, the filth, the sexy cars, the beautiful women... a juxtaposition of beauty and filth everywhere... It's saddening. I saw, I felt, and I wrote this:

I am one of you –
The old lady in the tattered clothes – the young man with a broken nose
The young mother who has nowhere to go – the little child who has nothing to know
The person who smiles at you – and the one who stares
The beggar child in your neighborhood – the priest preaching about brotherhood
The one you laugh at – the one you admire and worship
The one you loathe – and the one you love
I am the one you scream at – in pain, in passion, in despair
I am the one you whisper to – in love, in fear, in hope
I am one amongst you – and you, a part of me.

Comments

  1. The poem portrays the poets feelings....says just what he wants to deliver through his words...I guess we all have had this feeling of I am one of you-a part of this crowd...sometime or the other whenever we look at the outside world...difference is Nati put it down in words...n managed to do it so well...I feel like I almost see the crowd outside when he describes it..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Liked it, loved it, loathed it... Would be great if you let me know!

Popular Posts