Goodbye Tumblr - Hello Wordpress

My photo blog is no more.

Well, I shut it down. Remember, the one I had created in Tumblr? Yeah, that one. It was about two years old and had over 250 posts (mostly images).

The primary reason why I shut it down was because I started losing my photographs. Most of my older photographs just stopped displaying. The issues continued over several days, with more and more posts not displaying their associated photographs.

And that was it. I had to change.

I hadn't tried blogging using Wordpress ever, so that came as a natural choice I guess. I already had an account there, so it was a matter of a couple of minutes and I was done. The domain charges et al cost me about $17 for a year which I think was OK.

I installed a premium theme called "Photography" (but of course!), and as of now things are alright. Still a work-in-progress.

The "Food" gallery in my new website
What I miss in Wordpress is the tremendous amount of flexibility Tumblr offered - customizing templates there was a breeze. Here, in Wordpress, I can't change the fonts (or any custom CSS either for that matter) - I need to add some upgrade for $30 a year it seems to be able to do something as trivial as changing the fonts!

However, Wordpress comes with a lot of other tools which are easier. For example, it's inbuilt rating tool is excellent. Also, it can hosts galleries on its own which is a cool feature too.

Head over to the new site at www.RahulPradhan-Photography.com, take a look around, and please let me know what you think.

See you there!

Comments

Popular Posts