Blogger.in?

Not sure when this happened, but the URL (or in layman terms, the "link") to my blog has changed. It used to end with "blogspot.com" but today I noticed that it has become "blogspot.in".

Google, you sneaky bastards, you had to do this without telling any of your users, isn't it? I hope this is not in line with the Government of India's ridiculous demand of content screening (who knows how these may be related - you never know!)

Now thanks to this change, my Outbrain widget (that star-rating widget below every post that you see in this blog) has stopped displaying the older ratings for the posts. That is because Outbrain registers, and by that extension - remembers, ratings by the URL (aka "link") of the page/post that was rated. Now since all my posts have changed from "blogspot.com" to "blogspot.in", for the Outbrain widget it is a new page/post and hence, the older ratings are gone - poof! How ridiculously sad!

I've had this Outbrain widget for quite a while, maybe about 3 years, and there were a considerable amount of ratings that my users had given me. And trust me when I tell you, these ratings are hard to come by (even though I cannot understand why)

All of them are now gone.

Comments

Popular Posts