FIFA World Cup 2010

So finally, after 4 long years, the football world cup is back! Coincidentally, I complete exactly 4 years in my current organization FICO as well.

As an Indian - and therefore also as an inherent cricket fan - South Africa is not a new venue to folks like me. What with at least 2 cricket series/major tournaments being hosted there every year! But the football world cup, in South Africa - now that is something else.

I feel proud for the folks of that country who have done so much in so little time. It also gives me hope for my country, that maybe we too will host the FIFA World Cup someday (after qualifying for it first, of course).

Till then, here's the official video of the world cup titled "Waka Waka (This time for Africa)" by the ultra-curvy Shakira. Enjoy!

Oh and yeah, I'm rooting for Argentina this time mostly because they have the legendary Diego Maradona as their coach.

Comments

Popular Posts