My photo blog on Tumblr

For quite sometime, I've been a self-proclaimed photo enthusiast. From a Sony Cybershot P&S camera, to an Olympus UZ camera to finally getting my hands on a Nikon DSLR, it was quite a hectic pace at which I ran the photography track. And like most photo enthusiasts, I had been using Flickr quite frequently to upload and share my pictures with the world.

Yet, something was missing.

I needed a photo blog for myself, I realized. Especially when I saw the ones my friends had such as this one and this one, and it convinced me even more to have one of my own. But where - was the imminent question that remained unanswered.

It could've very well been on Blogger, but having used this blog hosting site for so long, I was more than ready to try some place else. I tried Wordpress, but didn't quite like it to be honest. It was a bit too 'uptight' for me, if I can say so (apologies to all Wordpress users and fans). And the search continued.

It was a few days ago that I learnt of this site called "Tumblr". I happened to land at that blog site after following a Flickr stream, and fell in love instantly with the blog. It didn't take me long to research a bit on Tumblr, and before I knew it, I was signing up! After almost 3 days as a Tumblr user, I'm proud to say that I have started my own photography blog at Tumblr. I prefer to call it - A Yard Full Of Photographs.

Tumblr is simple, easy and new (just 3 years old). It does not have the huge support for widgets like Blogger or Wordpress, but that's OK - I just wanted a simple site for me to host my photographs. Try it out - quite a few of my Blogger friends have already started new blogs out there after seeing my blog! :-)

Please head over to my photography blog @ Tumblr. I will be posting all my new photographs to Tumblr from now on, so please don't forget to keep checking it regularly. You can follow, like, comment and as usual, give me your valuable feedback. It is always appreciated.

Comments

Popular Posts