Adieu!

Of chocolate paste and my dear ol' vest... this journal is in the memory of my faithful vest (also known popularly as "sandu vest" or "ganjee").

On that fateful night, a bottle of Nutella (it's a brand of chocolate paste and it's yummm!) lay in my cupboard. Unknown to me, it was right at the edge. A stroke of luck, and a stroke of the hand and it came crashing down on the floor. Millions of bottle pieces, and a whole lot of chocolate blotches was the aftermath. In my drunken state, I just stared at the scene for sometime - ruing the loss of such yummy chocolate, and sane enough not to move for fear of the broken glass pieces. Then sensibility prevailed, and I looked for a cloth to mop the mess.

Into my laundry bag I looked, and in the darkness (state of the room and my mind) I found a vest. Now equipped to tackle the anomaly on my floor, I set to work. It took me about half an hour to complete the task, and that left my vest in a state not worth mentioning. Into a plastic bag it went, which in turn went inside the trash can. And into the bed I dived.

Waking up the next day, I sat to ponder on the "chocolaty" incident of the night before. And started reflecting on the vest's history. It had been with me for a good 3-4 years, was my favorite vest once upon a time, and even till yesterday was close to that favorite vest spot.. and now, it was doused in a trash can somewhere..!

A second's silence was kept as a mark of respect. But then, come to think of it, it did have a chocolaty end. How many of us could ever be that lucky!?!

Comments

  1. :)

    Good one.. Suggestion: The next time u drop chocolate paste...drop it into something worth licking thus saving the fate of your dearest vest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha... Ya RIP to your "vest".
    An very worthy end, but wht about the bottle of Nutella??? Did it deserve that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was beautiful man..
    could totally connect with that little moment

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Liked it, loved it, loathed it... Would be great if you let me know!

Popular Posts