The year that was

When boredom fuels insanity, I write. So, hello there!

Someone once told me, "When you are in love, you are at the mercy of a stranger...". I read this line after six years, and it brought a wave of nostalgia to me. It was there in one of the cards I'd given to someone a long long time ago...

Nostalgia - that's the theme. And a very apt one considering that it's the first day of a brand new year. Because the past year is gone now; the new one is in its infancy. Like any new year, it has its own bag of expectations for each one of us... What we need to make of it is obviously in our own hands. And like any other new year, it brings with it memories of the year that was - and what we try to do is learn from the many mistakes we made, select the happy memories that will forever stay in our minds, and move on with a promise to make things better.

Nothing lasts forever, and the best example would be time. But there are memories in our hearts which will last as long as we live - and those memories, my friends, are timeless.

Wish you all a very happy new year, 2007.

Comments

Popular Posts